Brass Recycling Process with Scrap Mart
Globally the metal business relies on recycling. However, making new brass from copper and zinc would be expensive and disastrous for the environment. Therefore, recycling brass is not only healthy for the economy but the planet. Brass can be used over and over without losing its strength or physical properties in the recycling system. Metal recycling companies like Scrap Mart have innovated to leave as small a carbon footprint as possible while recycling this valuable material. This guide will take you through the brass recycling process and explain why you should use Scrap Mart to recycle metal.
The brass recycling process
The brass recycling process has been simplified over the years into six steps:
- Collection: The metal is collected and sorted by type of metal.
- Processing: The metal is crushed and pulverized to make it easier to melt.
- Melting: The metal is melted so that it loses its original shape.
- Decontamination: Trace elements are removed, ensuring the purity of the product.
- Hardening: The metal is cooled so that it can harden again.
- Transport: The metal is moved to where it is needed.
Why you should recycle your brass with us
We offer convenience with our drive-on scale: Scrap Mart customers can recycle ferrous metals by driving to our certified drive-on scale.
We offer the highest Payouts: Scrap Mart offers top dollar payouts for all of your scrap metals. Since 2011, we have provided superior service to our customers.
We offer fast and easy recycling with our drive-through non-ferrous: Scrap Mart’s new drive-thru and drop off metal recycling center makes it easier than ever to bring in the scrap metal recyclables from your home, business, or organization.
If you have brass you’d like we recycled, we have the highest payouts and make it quick and easy for you to do, click here for more information.