The Cold Hard Facts Of Aluminum Can Recycling
The Benefits Of Aluminum Can Recycling
Do you know the benefits of aluminum can recycling to you and the environment? Here are some amazing facts.
- Stanford University tells us: A ton of soda cans made with recycled aluminum saves an astonishing 21,000 kilowatt hours by reducing the virgin bauxite ore that would have to be mined, shipped, and refined. That is a 95% energy savings.
- Recycling just one aluminium beverage can, saves enough energy to power a television for three hours.
- One can could be recycled eight times in a year, saving enough energy to make 160 new cans.
- A recycled six-pack of aluminum cans could save enough energy to drive a car five miles.
- Recycling aluminum produces 95% fewer greenhouse gas emissions (GHG), than manufacturing new aluminum. That is a GHG saving equivalent to taking 900,000 cars off the road for 12 months.
- Recycling 1 ton of aluminum saves the equivalent in energy of 2,350 gallons of gasoline. This is equivalent to the amount of electricity used in the average home for 10 years.
- Americans earn about $1 billion a year recycling aluminum cans.
- The average American family recycles 150 six packs of aluminum cans a year.
- 67% of aluminum cans are recycled.
You can help the environment, and earn money at the same time. Recycling the aluminum cans in your home or neighborhood is as easy as not throwing your aluminum cans away. Take them to a recycling center and get paid. Recycle as a group, or recycle aluminum cans as a fund-raiser for your favorite charity.
Contact us and we’ll help you get started recycling.